Boyne Valley Day Tour
- Pick up from your accommodation or cruise ship.
- Brú na Bóinne Visitor Experience - an introduction to the 5,000 year old passages tombs of the Boyne Valley.
- Visit the megalithic passage tombs at Newgrange and Knowth with the on-site guide. These are UNESCO World Heritage sites so you will be joining others on the official tour.
- Hill of Slane - where St. Patrick lit the Paschal Fire in 433.
- Hill of Tara – Seat of the High Kings of Ireland.
Tours can be customised, other sites of interest in the Boyne Valley include:
- Dowth megalithic passage tomb has not been excavated or restored and is not part of the official tour, so you will have time to connect with this ancient site
- Fourknocks - Off the beaten track megalithic passage tomb.
- Monasterboice - Early Christian site with round tower and 10th century high crosses.
- Mellifont Abbey - Cistercian Abbey founded in 1142.
- Bective Abbey - Cistercian abbey founded in 1147.
- Kells - Celtic Crosses, Round Tower, St. Columbkille's House.
Total tour price is 475 euro for up to 7 guests, the price is per vehicle, not per person.
Admission fees and meals are not included in the tour price. A tour can be extended beyond
the standard 8 hours at the hourly rate of 60 euro.
, Mercedes Minivan
"One of the highlights of the trip was the private day tour we took with Michael Fox.
We told him we wanted to see ancient places and sacred sites, and that's exactly what
his Boyne Valley Tour had to offer. The sites were breathtaking in their beauty and place
in Irish history. Michael was such a good host and guide. He was very knowledgeable, thoughtful, and accommodating."
"Michael Fox provides the most amazing and personal tour. I booked a private day tour (Boyne Valley) with Michael and he took me to so many places I do not think I would have ever made it to without his guidance. He is so knowledgeable about all the sites and brings a personal touch to the experience you would never get taking a large group tour on a bus. "