Megalithic Day Tour
- Pick up from your accommodation or cruise ship.
- Newgrange - 5000 year old Megalithic Passage Tomb and World Heritage Site.
- Dowth - Experience the
splendour of one of the great passage tombs in the Boyne Valley at your own pace.
- Loughcrew - Clusters of Megalithic Cairns are dotted around the Slieve na Caillaigh hills at Loughcrew.
- Hill of Tara - Megalithic passage tomb called the Mound of the Hostages.
- Return to your accommodation or cruise ship.
Book Direct and Save
Discounted Prices apply when tours booked directly from this website. Admission Fees not included in tour price,
lunch stop can be arranged, but cost not included in tour price.
- 1 to 3 Guests - Total €450 - Discounted Price €400.
- 4 to 7 Guests - Total €500 - Discounted Price €450.
Additional Entry Fees
Newgrange Entry Fee - €7.00 per person (Senior €6, Student €4, Family €16).
, Mercedes Minivan
The 5000 year old Stone Age Cairns spread across the hills at Loughcrew make up one of the three main
concentrations of Passage Tombs in Ireland, the others are Brú na Bóinne (Newgrange,
Knowth & Dowth) and Sligo (Carrowkeel & Carrowmore).
The Cairns are spread across three hills, Carnbane East, Carnbane West and Patrickstown.
The Irish name for the site is Slieve na Caillaigh, which means "mountain of the hag".
Legend has it that the monuments were created when a giant hag, striding across the
land, dropped her cargo of large stones from her apron.